I like to make little lunchbox treats for the kids–but instead of just sugar, I include fruit and fiber. The cocoa in this Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins recipe hides the flaxseed and whole wheat flour.
Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. Mix in sugar, egg and butter.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, flaxseed, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until just moistened; do not overmix or muffins will be tough.
- Spoon batter into prepared mini muffin tins. Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.