These Orange Cranberry Muffins are fragrant and moist, perfect with a cup of tea or coffee!
This post contains affiliate links.
I love baking up a batch of muffins to warm up the house during these cold, gray winter days. These Orange Cranberry Muffins are the perfect way to brighten up your taste buds and your mood!
Making our own snacks is healthier and saves so much money over buying. You have control over the ingredients, and you get to enjoy creating something from scratch.
Orange Cranberry Muffins
By using dried cranberries, it’s easy to keep the ingredients on hand for this recipe.
I use a mix of white and wheat flour to add some whole grains and fiber, but use whatever flour you prefer.
Sometimes I throw a tablespoon or two of ground flaxseed in as well.
I could have added nuts to these and they would be even better. But not in this house (allergies). They already have an amazing aroma and texture, but adding some pecans would put them in another realm!
We bake (and eat) a lot of snacks around here. It’s a frugal way for me to feed these tweens and teen, and I always like including some fruit and fiber in their snacks.
My 13yo son says these are his absolute favorite, and he loves a lot of different muffin flavors!
Print the recipe
- 2 cups flour (I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
More muffin recipes
Take a look below at all the fabulous recipes linked up to this week’s Tasty Tuesdays party!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.