Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, and my family received tickets to ICE! at Gaylord National to facilitate this review.
The holiday season is in full swing, and things are so busy! Are you thinking about how to fill those two long weeks of winter break? That’s a great time to head to ICE! at Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor, Maryland. This annual holiday event runs through January 1, 2018, and it’s a wonderful way to make fabulous memories with your kids. My three kids and I visited for a blogger event, and it’s always one of our favorite holiday traditions.
Each year, we love seeing the new theme, and this year’s Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was no different. It’s like you’re walking through the animated special you remember from your childhood! The carvers do an incredible job of capturing the art and magic of the story.
Make sure you dress warm. ICE! is kept at 9-degrees, and even with the big blue parka they give you, it’s still chilly! The slides are always the best part! Even adults can enjoy the two-story ice slides along with their kiddos.
One change I really liked this year was the movie they showed at the entrance. You get to see how the ice is brought to the Gaylord and how the carvers work–all in the warmth of the hotel (it used to be inside the cold part).
There’s tons to do during Christmas on the Potomac at the Gaylord National:
- NEW this year–the Gaylord National Singers in JOY: A Holiday Spectacular–a musical theater show in the atrium
- Holiday fountain shows with music, lights and indoor snowfall, in front of the hotel’s 60-foot-tall glass tree–every night!
- Decorate a gingerbread house or gingerbread men with Gingy from Shrek in Gingy’s Decorating Corner.
- Take photos with Santa Claus or hear a story and eat cookies with Mrs. Claus.
- Do the Build-A-Bear Scavenger Hunt, taking you all through the gorgeous hotel and Christmas Village.
- Ride the miniature train and carousel, or head out to National Harbor for the Capitol Wheel.
- NEW this year–indoor ice skating right in Christmas Village.
- Enjoy Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Breakfast, an amazing buffet in the Pienza Restaurant.
Get Tickets to ICE! and Christmas on the Potomac
Tickets can be booked online or by calling 301-965-4000. Overnight packages start at $149. The Play & Save Package can be booked with or without ICE! tickets, and it’s a great way to experience Christmas on the Potomac at Gaylord National and National Harbor.