As part of its US tour, The Wizard of Oz will be playing at The National Theatre in Washington DC from May 3-15th. Check the tour date schedule to see when it's heading your way in other parts of the country. This new stage production contains all the beloved songs and iconic characters from the Oscar®-winning original movie, plus a few surprises along the way! Click your heels together and join Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion, Dorothy and her little dog Toto, as they journey through the magical land of Oz to meet the Wizard and obtain their hearts’ desires. Watch out for the Wicked Witch of the West and her winged monkeys as you rediscover the real story of Oz in this fantastic musical treat for the whole family.
5 Reasons to go see The Wizard of Oz when it tours your city:
- Your kids will know the story if they've seen the movie. That helps kids follow what's happening on stage.
- You'll all enjoy the songs you know plus new ones by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber (!!!).
- Seeing theater can spark amazing things in your kids! After we saw Newsies at the National last year, my son became really interested in theater, and now he's taking it in middle school (and loving it).
- Toto is a real dog, and he has an understudy! When do you get to see live animals in the theater?
- This is a relatively short show (2 hours & 20 minutes with a 20-min intermission halfway through). That's a great length for kids to sit through.
If you haven't taken your children to a live theater performance yet, this is a great one for their first show! See more suggestions on how to prepare kids for the theater.
Get BOGO tickets (buy one, get one free) when you use coupon code FAMILY for Tuesday and Wednesday performances. If you're in a different city, check on your theater's page for their discount since each theater is offering something different.
Whether you’re a DC-area local or would like to travel in for the show, one lucky MoneywiseMoms reader will win 2 tickets to see The Wizard of Oz at The National Theatre on Tuesday, May 3rd at 7:30pm. If you’re reading this in an email or RSS feed, you’ll need to click over to the blog to enter on the Rafflecopter widget.
This giveaway is open to the US and ends at 12:00 midnight ET on April 16th. I’ll email the winner, who will have 24 hours to respond and accept their prize. The winner will pick up the show tickets at the theater (instructions will be provided).
Disclosure: The tickets for The Wizard of Oz ticket giveaway are provided by Allied Live, and I am receiving tickets to see the show.