Summer means ball games and swim meets and lots of concession stands! Stick to your healthy routines by packing your own cold summer salads.
Summer hasn't even started yet–we still have 2 1/2 more weeks of school–but the parties and barbecues have. While I like to indulge, I am working hard to keep up my healthy routines and eating habits (and those of my kids). So rather than hit the concession stand every time we have a swim meet, attend a baseball game, or go to a potluck, I like to bring a cold summer salad. I just shared one of our favorite cold summer salads, Tortellini Chickpea Pasta Salad, an easy vegetarian option. Today I'm featuring some of the fabulous recipes linked up to last week's Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. Any of these would be a welcome addition to our rotation!
This delicious recipe from Powered by Mom is filled with fresh flavors and textures–like crunchy bell peppers, tangy feta cheese, and a homemade strawberry vinaigrette. I love that it includes two of summer's best things, grilled chicken and ripe strawberries.
I can't wait to try this meatless meal from Everyday Healthy Recipes for one of our swim meet nights! The flavors are Asian-inspired with ginger, sesame and Hoisin sauce. The main salad is simple with blanched or steamed broccoli and bean vermicelli that you just soak for five minutes.
If you have younger kids or just don't want to deal with forks–put salad on a stick! This clever idea from Growing Up Gabel is perfect for feeding the kids on the go. Just add their favorite vegetables to a skewer and they'll eat them up.
Looking for more delicious inspiration? You'll find it below at this week's Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes! Note–posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- NEW: MoneywiseMoms is not responsible for stolen images or misuse by others who have found your image through MoneywiseMoms.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.