Have a bunch of hungry kids? Me, too! My tweens and teens eat non-stop some days, between the growth spurts and their athletic appetites. It's hard for me to keep up! I love finding DIY Snacks to keep them full.
Taking the time to DIY Snacks for your hungry growing kids can be hard to find, but it's worth it. I have the kids bake on the weekends, then we portion some out for the week and freeze the rest. Like I mentioned yesterday with my Double Butterscotch Cookies recipe, making your own snacks lets you add fiber and whole grains to their diet while minimizing preservatives. Plus they're learning important cooking skills and nutrition along the way!
This week, I'm featuring three of the best DIY Snacks recipes from last week's Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party.
Banana Blueberry Muffins from Recipe Treasures
Not only do these have two favorite fruits in them, but also a zip of lemon for extra flavor!
Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies from Simply Stacie
Kids can run through a bag of trail mix so quickly, so making your own version via oatmeal cookie is a great idea! She uses almonds, raisins and coconut for texture and chew.
Carrot Muffins from That Recipe
These carrot muffins have a great texture with pureed carrots instead of shredded. Plus, they're made with no refined sugar, just maple syrup and date paste for sweetness.
Making your own snacks for hungry kids is such a great way to save money. Find more snack ideas along with a ton more new recipes today at Tasty Tuesdays. Thanks for stopping by!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.