Busy, busy, busy. How is your September so far? I forgot about the jarring change between lazy summer mornings and the chaos that is carpooling, school, homework, sports, and daily life. We have worked so hard to preserve our daily dinner together, and we still do it 6 out of 7 days each week. It’s tough, but we feel it’s worth it. Making easy meals together helps a lot. With this Easy Weeknight Pasta, one of the kids help chop vegetables and we can chat about our day.
For extra protein, I added some precooked ground beef, but this recipe can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the meat and replacing the broth. Where did I get “precooked ground beef?” When I buy a big pack of ground beef or turkey, I often cook the whole thing at once and then freezer it in portioned-out zipper bags. Then I can use each one for tacos, to add to soups and other crockpot meals that need browned-and-drained meat.
This Easy Weeknight Pasta recipe uses our go-to Italian vegetables: onion, zucchini, tomatoes and mushrooms–which we often have on hand. Go ahead and change it up with whatever veggies you have in the fridge, or whatever your family prefers.
Looking for more easy weeknight meals? Take a look at all the fabulous Tasty Tuesdays recipes posted below!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.