Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was interrupted by both my son and I getting very ill. We are pretty sure it was the flu, though my son’s doctor said it would be “mild” since we’d both had the vaccine. It didn’t feel mild to me! But I suppose it only lasted 6 days instead of two weeks. When our household goes into crisis mode like this–with all the routines going out the window–I am especially thankful that I took the time in a healthier month to load up my freezer with easy meals. Even in my stupor, I could tell someone to throw a bag in the crockpot or thaw a casserole to put in the oven. That way, those of us who were eating at least ate well!
My go-to freezer meals like Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, Baked Ziti, Spinach Stuffed Shells, and Green Chile Chicken Casserole really saved the day. I’m going to need to find some time to do another batch cooking session and refill that freezer!
What are your favorite meals to double up and freeze for later?
Look for more fabulous recipes and inspiration in this week’s Tasty Tuesdays below.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.