I’m sharing 31 Days of Grocery Savings during the month of March so you can tackle your grocery spending and improve your family budget. See the roundup of video posts.
Here are some of the meals I often double up and freeze:
- Pumpkin Pancakes and Whole Wheat Waffles; it takes only a little longer to cook a double batch, and then we have enough to last us another week.
- Mashed Potatoes; I usually use a whole 10 lb. bag of potatoes and freeze what we don’t eat in gallon-sized freezer bags to be used later. It’s great to have homemade mashed potatoes in the middle of a busy week!
- Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup; I take the second half of this and freeze it, then let it thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on the stove.
- Meatballs and Meatloaf; I haven’t made these since I went gluten-free (sob!), but I used to make 2-3 batches at once and freeze them.
- Lasagna; I just use the recipe on the back of the noodle box, but whether vegetarian or meat-filled, I always make a second pan and freeze it.
Please share some of your favorite freezer meals in the Comments below.