Two of our local grocery store are doing Super Double Coupons right now. Harris Teeter is running the promo through Tuesday, June 28th. Bloom is offering it only on Tuesday, June 28th. If you’ve never shopped one of these events, you might want to give it a try! Here’s how I prep to shop these big sales:
1) I start by printing this grocery list form by OrgJunkie. This is great when you’re headed to a store you’re not familiar with. Your list will be organized by aisle, so no matter where you’re shopping, you can find things.
2) I familiarize myself with the store’s coupon policies, especially for the special promo. In this case, neither store is one I typically shop, so I need to know how the sale works exactly.
3) I search online for a list of sale prices and coupon matchups. I look up the store name with “Super Doubles” and the date the sale starts, for example: Harris Teeter Super Doubles 6/22. I look at a couple of blogs and start noting the products that I would buy. There are always TONS of junk food and other foods for free/cheap during these sales, but I keep an eye out for staples like rice, dairy products, etc. Since the stores here have limits of 20 coupons per day, I want to maximize my purchase. For Harris Teeter, I looked at HomemakingMom and others.
4) On the grocery template, I write down all the items I want to buy (I tend to skip junk food, even when it’s FREE) and the price as reported. I have my coupon organizer right there with me and pull the coupons immediately.
5) With these big promos I always include more products and coupons than the limit (in this case, 20). It’s inevitable that some of the items will be out of stock, no matter what time of day I go. Instead of going and being disappointed, I bring plenty of extras.