You know I appreciate an easy recipe. This Italian Chicken & Spinach Delight couldn't get any easier. It's so good that my kids have asked for it every week for the past three weeks, and since it's so easy, who am I to say no? Oh–and the funny name? Reader and fellow-twin-mom Julie sent me this recipe over Facebook, but it didn't have a name. As my son was ooh-ing and aah-ing over each layer as I made it, I asked what we should call it, and he said Chicken & Spinach Delight. Voila!
- Bag of baby spinach
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced to even thickness
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of good-quality Balsamic Viniagrette Dressing
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spray a 9×11 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the bag of baby spinach in the bottom of the dish.
- Lay the chicken on top of the spinach.
- Cover chicken with diced tomatoes.
- Pour dressing over chicken & tomatoes.
- Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken reaches 160 degrees as measured with meat thermometer.
I served this over pasta, but it would equally good over quinoa, couscous or rice to soak up the juices. It's our new favorite dish. If you're eating gluten-free, just make sure your dressing is GF, or make your own. Enjoy!
For more easy, family-friendly casserole recipes,
follow my Capitivating Casseroles board on Pinterest.
Italian Chicken & Spinach Delight is linked up to Fluster's Creative Muster at Fluster Buster, Gluten-Free Roundup at Musings of a Housewife, What's For Dinner Tonight? at Confessions of an Overworked Mom and What's Cooking Wednesday at Turning the Clock Back.