Another week, another menu plan. Even when I'm tired on Sunday evening, it's worth taking the time to plan our our meals for the week. I take a peek in the pantry and freezer to see what's on hand, then plan around those foods and whatever's on sale on the front of the grocery store ads. That gives me my grocery list for the week, which I tackle with the girls on Monday mornings (that's our “Errands Day”). When you look at the meal plan below, you may notice that potatoes are on sale this week 🙂
Note–my meals are generally GF (gluten-free) so if there's a bun/bread involved I usually pull out a GF version from the freezer for myself.
- Sunday–grilled with our neighbors. We had hamburgers, grilled veggies (onions, zucchini & mushrooms–yum!), and salad.
- Monday–Slow Cooker Orange Honey Tilapia, brown rice, broccoli
- Tuesday–GF Salmon Cakes via The Gluten-Free Homemaker, Homemade Fries, salad
- Wednesday–Slow Cooker Pulled Pork sandwiches (I'll skip the bun), broccoli slaw
- Thursday–Chicken, Peppers and Potatoes, green beans
- Friday–Breakfast for dinner–Spinach & Feta omelets and rosemary potatoes
- Saturday–We never ended up having Dinner & a Movie night last week, so we're planning on this night. We're watching My Neighbor Totoro, and we'll try a little sushi from a takeout place.
For lots more ideas and recipes, see the weekly meme of Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie.com. If you're new to meal planning, I show you how to use the grocery ads to plan meals in my Meal Planning Video.