I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
All children should have: Someone who cares; a Place to belong; Hope for tomorrow and provisions for their journey. All children.
My kids have never experienced true hunger, but child hunger is happening in every community across the country. I shared this info with my kids:
- 10% of US kids live in food-insecure homes, which means they don't know when or if their next meal is coming.
- With schools out for the summer, may children who rely on school breakfasts and lunches are in desperate need.
We talked about ways we could help, and how even small efforts can help a lot of people. Champions for Kids believes that helping others does not have to come in large doses.
- GATHER your friends, family or co-workers.
- LEARN about the needs of children in your community.
- GIVE items to help kids enjoy happier and healthier lives.
- SHARE your story at Champions for Kids to inspire others to do the same!
Make your donations, then submit your project at Champions for Kids. You'll be eligible to win $25,000 for your local school. Remember that every little bit helps. How can you help hungry kids in your community?