I mention Swagbucks a lot here at MoneywiseMoms. I joined in December 2008 after seeing so many bloggers post about it month after month. I wasn't convinced that it could really make a difference, but look:
It does. By saving up Swagbucks to earn $5 and $25 Amazon Gift Cards (the best value trade-ins compared to the other GCs and prizes), I buy household items using Swagbucks instead of cash. Here's how I earn so many Swagbucks:
- I use the Swagbucks search engine through the downloadable toolbar and I do it consistently. I type every web address into the toolbar and use it everyday for searching.
- I earn extra Swagbucks through the Swagcodes given out in the blog, Facebook page, Twitter, and monthly email newsletter
- I earn a few by checking the the No-Obligation Special Offers page and hitting “Skip” a bunch of times in a row.
- I refer everyone I know to Swagbucks and earn along with them for the first 100 Swagbucks. Try this–Put your referral link in your email signature so it goes out to all the groups you participate in (Freecycle, preschool, PTA, etc.) or to your signature on group forums.
- I've been earning even more Swagbucks in the past two weeks since they upgraded the toolbar. Now, just for having the computer on, the toolbar surprises me with “You've Earned _ Swagbucks” while the kids are playing Elmo online or when hubby is on the computer, even if he's not searching.