One of the benefits of meal planning is that we're eating healthier–at home–regularly. One of the down sides, though? We tend to eat the same thing, over and over. Now if you haven't tried meal planning, please don't let that stop you! But I've been at it for 10 years now and while we have our family's favorites, we also get tired of some of those. With the busy fall season, it can be hard to find time (and energy) to try new recipes, but it is worth it! I've been choosing a couple of new recipes from these Tasty Tuesdays linky parties each week and printing them out for my recipe binder. The kids and I like to use weekend time to try new recipes, and we have criteria for what we'll try:
- Ingredients we like: Obviously, we're more likely to enjoy a new recipe if some of the ingredients are familiar. If you have picky eaters, or kids in general, that's a good way to try something new.
- Not too complicated: As a busy mom, I tend to choose recipes that are easy (or they won't get made). If I see a recipe in a magazine with too many ingredients, too many steps, or ingredients that are hard to find, I just won't try it.
- Healthy food: Other than holiday treats, we like to eat real food with lots of vegetables and healthy proteins. By cooking with my kids, I'm showing them how to prepare delicious meals that are also good for them.
What criteria do you use when you look for and try new recipes? Take a look at the linky below–you'll find lots of great choices here!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.