One way I've increased my traffic and subscribers has been by participating in memes (like this one!), but particularly those outside my niche. I read a lot of non-frugal blogs–decorating, parenting, cooking–and I love all the linkups they share. So I've made a point to participate some of their memes, and I've really seen an increase in traffic from those blogs. Besides getting some home projects done and having fun crafting, I'm also getting new people to check out my blog. And sometimes they stay! Here are some memes you might want to try:
- DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land
- Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie
- Tackle It Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom
- Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family (that's this one!)
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Living as Mom
- Freebie Friday at Bargain Briana
There are TONS of memes happening in the blogosphere. Find one or two that are a good match for you but are outside your niche, and give it a try!
Go see the big Linky at We Are That Family for lots of great tips!