Are your kids back to school yet? We’re not, since we’re in the part of the country that doesn’t start until late–after Labor Day, in fact! Wherever you are in your calendar, maybe you’re thinking about afterschool snacks or healthier treats to pack in the kids’ lunchboxes, like these Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Bars.
I shared this Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Bars recipe over at It is a Keeper, and it’s an example of how you can take a regular sugary recipe and adapt it by adding some whole grains and fiber. I like to add oatmeal and whole wheat flour, which gives the bars a hearty, nutty flavor along with extra nutrition. They’re similar to my Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Chip Wheat Muffins, just in a different shape! Or add a little fruit with your fiber with Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins.
Take a look at all the great recipes linked up to today’s Tasty Tuesdays!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.