Welcome! I'm Gina, a mom of three in Northern Virginia who blogs about family finance and frugality. Since 2008, MoneywiseMoms has helped busy moms reduce spending, increase savings, and have frugal fun with their families.
5 Things to know about me:
- I'm a serial entrepreneur, running (only) two businesses right now. WiseMomMedia is my online publishing company, and I'm also a co-founder of Connect Learn Blogging Community, where we coach women entrepreneurs.
- I have three kids–ages 19, 16 and 16. Having three kids under age 3 was super tough, but it's nothing compared to having three teens/young adults/new drivers.
- I started as a coupon/deals blogger back in 2008. It was fun while it lasted! This blog transitioned to frugal lifestyle around 2016 or so.
- I've spent years balancing my family budget by strategic shopping, frugal homemaking strategies, and bringing in extra income any way I can. It works, because we paid off over $87,000 in debt between 2011-2013. We're now debt-free except for our mortgage.
- I am passionate about helping busy families get dinner on the table. Eating at home has so many benefits, and it can be done on any budget and with any dietary restrictions. I've taught in-person classes on both meal planning and beginner cooking toward this goal.
So take a look around, and thanks for being here!