I’ve been on the lookout for new recipes to try that use the cooked, chopped chicken I keep in the freezer. Flipping through a library copy of Trim & Terrific Freezer Friendly Meals, this Chicken Caesar Casserole looked like something my family would like, and boy, did they! It’s so simple to assemble–everything goes in one bowl, then in the baking dish–and it’s also easy to freeze and pull out for a busy night down the road. I’ve made it twice now, once to cook right away, and once straight from the freezer (no thawing necessary). I did make a few tweaks to the original recipe, since we thought it was a little dry. This came out great:
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup light creamy Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 box pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup croutons, crushed
- Combine all the ingredients except the croutons, and mix well.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and fill dish with mixture.
- If cooking now: sprinkled crushed croutons over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until topping is browned and casserole is bubbly.
- If freezing: cool first, then cover with foil or lid. I put the croutons in a zipper bag and taped it to the pan. When ready to bake, thaw for a few hours, top with croutons, then bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vremi 5 Quart Collapsible Colander
Victorinox Fibrox Pro 8-inch Chef's Knife
OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting Board
Utopia Kitchen 2-Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid
Gorilla Grip Premium Silicone Non Slip Oven Mitt Set of 2
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 9 x 13
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g
For more easy, family-friendly casserole recipes,
follow my Capitivating Casseroles board on Pinterest.
This Chicken Caesar Casserole recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam.