These Chicken Fajitas are the perfect summer dinner with fresh veggies. See how to make them in the microwave!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms at no additional cost to you!
I held a Pampered Chef party over a year ago, specifically to earn the Deep Covered Baker (DCB), a pretty expensive item. I'd heard it called the “magic pot,” but since I'm such a fan of the slow cooker, I didn't know what was so special about it.
Then I got to know a mom in my neighborhood with 7 kids, and she swears by it, so I gave it a try. It couldn't be easier!
I've been able to walk in the door from swimming and have dinner on the table in minutes.
These chicken fajitas are one of the first recipes I tried, and we make them all the time now! For more easy family meals, take a look at my Recipe Index.
Chicken Fajitas in the DCB
The original recipe calls for Pampered Chef's Chili Lime Rub. It's delicious, but when I run out, I just use my own homemade taco seasoning mix. Update–they no longer carry this spice mix. So make your own!
The prep is so easy–just slice boneless chicken breast into strips. Do the same with peppers and onion. Sometimes I even add sliced mushrooms to the mix.
Layer them in the Deep Covered Baker and sprinkle with seasoning. Microwave until the chicken is fully cooked. I use a digital thermometer to make sure.
For a gluten-free meal, serve fajitas over rice. I use Della brown rice that I pick up at Costco. It quick-cooks in just 20 minutes.
For a more traditional meal, serve in flour tortillas along with cheese and sour cream.
Print the recipe
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced or whole
- Seasonings--I used PC's Chili Lime Rub, but you could use a packet of Taco Seasoning or your own
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced (I used red, but any type will do)
- In the Deep Covered Baker, lay the onion and peppers.
- Sprinkle with half the seasoning. Layer the chicken on top and sprinkle the rest of the seasoning.
- Cover and microwave for 12-15 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check that the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
- Transfer the fajitas to a serving bowl using tongs or slotted spoon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 778mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g
This Chicken Fajitas in the DCB recipe is linked up to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam.