Tired of traditional pumpkin pie? This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Pie adds a delicious swirl of flavor and takes your pie from traditional to WOW.
It's pumpkin season, and after you've baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and Pumpkin Pancakes and all the other yummy things out there, it's time for pumpkin pie. But why stick with traditional pumpkin pie?
This pumpkin pie with a cheesecake swirl has become our family's Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. It's just a little more “fancy” than the regular one with hardly any extra work. My kind of recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
A pumpkin pie with cheesecake swirl is the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. The pumpkin pie filling is rich and flavorful, while the cheesecake adds a touch of sweetness. The two flavors come together perfectly, and the result is a truly delicious dessert. This pumpkin pie is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
I love serving this Pumpkin Swirl Pie rather than the traditional kind. It doesn't take much more time than the original pie to make, but it looks fancier and has a great flavor! That tangy cheesecake-like swirl is such a nice contrast to savory pumpkin spice.
What you need for pumpkin pie with cream cheese
Making this pie is so simple, and it only takes a few more minutes to add the cheesecake swirl compared to making a regular pumpkin pie. Here's what you need for this pumpkin pie with cream cheese swirl recipe:
- refrigerated pie crust (or frozen)
- cream cheese
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves
- pumpkin puree
Make sure you pick up the can of pure pumpkin puree, and not “pumpkin pie mix.” I've made that mistake before!
Do you need pumpkin pie spice?
This recipe calls for cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. But if you don't have the individual spices, just substitute 1 3/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
How to make pumpkin swirl pie
Adding cream cheese gives your traditional pumpkin pie a swirl of cream cheese. I like this better than a layered pumpkin pie (though that's delicious, too!).
Start by baking the pie crust by itself for 8 minutes. While that's baking, use an electric mixer to beat sugar, flour and cream cheese in a bowl.
Reserve 1/2 cup of that cream cheese mixture for the “swirl” later.
Add spices, eggs and pumpkin puree to bowl, and beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into crust.
Stir the milk into the reserved cream cheese mixture. Spoon over pie and use a knife to make S-shaped curves for the marbled design.
Cover edges of crust with foil to avoid over-browning. Bake pie for 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Helpful for serving pumpkin pies
- Ceramic Pie Dish, 10″
- Pyrex Glass Pie Plate Set, 9.5″
- Stainless Steel Pie Server
- Nylon Flexible Pie Server
- Thanksgiving Paper Plates and Napkins Set
More fall desserts
Enjoy pumpkin with chocolate? You'll want to give this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake a try as well.
There are even more easy desserts on my Desserts, Sweets & Treats Pinterest board.
Printable recipe for pumpkin pie with cream cheese swirl
Savory pumpkin with tangy cream cheese is a fabulous flavor combination, in my opinion. I hope you'll give this pumpkin pie with cheesecake swirl a try!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 package (8 oz) plus 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Bake about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup in small bowl. Add remaining ingredients except milk to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design. Turn pie plate one-fourth turn and repeat.
- Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g