Once you try this Slow Cooker Pork Ragu & Fettuccine, you’ll want to add to your meal plan!
This Slow Cooker Pork Ragu & Fettuccine is so delish and so simple that it can be one of your everyday meals. My family loved it and asked immediately that it be added to the rotation.
I used one of the pork roasts that come in the 4-pack at Costco for $1.99/lb (great price and great quality). I only wish I could find whole grain fettuccine, since I don’t usually buy “white” pasta. But this was totally worth it…
I julienned the carrot because I knew my family would be bothered by orange bits. By cutting it tiny, it dissolves into the sauce and they didn’t even know it was there. I told them afterwards and three of them gave me “the face.” Any chance to get more vegetables in them, right?
This recipe comes from Real Simple Magazine, January 2013 issue.
Slow Cooker Pork Ragu and Fettuccine
1 carrot, chopped teeny tiny or julienned
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
1 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder or roast, cut in half
3/4 box fettuccine noodles
Grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a slow cooker, combine the carrot, onion, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes (and juices), then add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook until pork is tender: low for 7-8 hours or high 5-6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the pork and mix into sauce.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, drain and add to pork mixture. Toss to coat noodles.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
Looking for more slow cooker and crockpot recipes?
Printable Recipe Card
- 1 carrot, chopped teeny tiny or julienned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder or roast, cut in half
- 3/4 box fettuccine noodles
- Grated Parmesan, for serving