Brighten up your home with quick and easy Valentine decor! Even beginners can pull this Valentine Garland together in just a few minutes. It's a cute way to decorate for the holiday.
I haven't done crafts in so long. There are just too. many. things. that are more of a priority, and when I do find free time, I've been reading like crazy. That or taking a nap.
This weekend, my girls and I made a 5-Minute Valentine Garland with just a few simple supplies. Easy peasy, just the way it should be done. This tiny project really helped brighten up our entryway. We love it!
How to Make a Valentine Garland
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Valentine Garland Materials
- String (I used Baker's Twine, but any ribbon or twine will do)
- Scrapbook paper or cardstock
- Heart paper punch
- Hot glue gun
Originally, I tried attaching the hearts to the string with cute Washi Tape (you know I love it!), but the hearts kept popping off. Using a low-temp glue gun worked much better, and now they'll hold up after the season so we can enjoy them again next year.
Printable DIY Valentine's Day Garland Tutorial:
- Decide the length of garland you would like, and trim the baker's twine to that length plus 8".
- Punch an assortment of hearts with the paper punch and cardstock.
- On the back of each heart, dot a little hot glue and lay the baker's twine on it to set. Do even intervals, making more hearts if needed to cover the length of twine you've chosen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for more 5-minute Valentine decor? Printables are another easy way to add a little color & fun to your home. Find the cute printable above and lots more easy ideas on my Valentines & Love Pinterest board.