Need an easy way to feed a crowd? This Baked Potato Bar is simple to pull together and is always popular!
Seems like we are hosting a lot lately! Between parties, potlucks and family get-togethers, there is often a crowd to feed.
I love finding ways to feed everyone where I can prep ahead and spend my time eating and visiting instead of being stuck in the kitchen.
This Baked Potato Bar is the perfect solution. Just prep your toppings earlier in the day, store in the fridge, then serve up with some hot potatoes for an easy meal.
It works for a small crowd (like your family) or a big one (like the whole swim team). And it’s easy to scale–so if you have more people show up than you were expecting, just make a few more potatoes!
This post includes affiliate links. Thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms with no additional cost to you!
Make a Baked Potato Bar
Kids (and adults) love being able to personalize their own potato. This meal is so easy to adapt if you’re feeding those with allergies, gluten-free needs, etc.
This will make a great poolside healthy dinner for us during our summer swim season–I’ll pack one cooler with the cold foods and one with the hot food–and everyone can enjoy it.
How do I serve a Baked Potato Bar?
We also like to use little ramekins whenever we’re doing a Make-Your-Own bar like tacos, cookie decorating, or salad toppings.
What kind of potatoes should I use for a Baked Potato Bar?
Russets are the best choice because they are starchy and absorb all the yummy toppings. When you’re cooking for a crowd, it’s also very inexpensive to buy a 5- or 10-pound bag of russet potatoes.
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- red onions
- diced fresh tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- chopped ham
- shredded chicken (just use leftovers)
- taco meat
- Tabasco or hot sauce
How can I keep baked potatoes warm for a potluck?
Just bake your potatoes ahead of time, and during that time, fill a cooler with hot (but not boiling) water. Empty and dry the cooler thoroughly.
Store the potatoes in the cooler with the lid closed, and they’ll stay hot until you need to serve them!
Looking for more vegetarian family recipes?
More recipes, yes please! Take a look at all the goodies linked up to this week’s Tasty Tuesdays party:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.