This Tortellini Chickpea Pasta Salad is an easy vegetarian meal that's filled with fresh flavors. It's one of my family's favorite cold dinners.
Where did this great salad recipe come from?
Easy, healthy meals on a budget–it's a goal for many of us. I'm excited to share a great new cookbook with you–GoodCheapEats by Jessica Fisher–to help you meet this goal around your busy family.
You may already be familiar with Jessica Fisher from the blogs Good Cheap Eats and Life As Mom. She's all about making the most of what you have, whether that's time with family, money in the bank, or food on hand.
Jessica has six kids and is passionate about budget-friendly meals that taste good. I received a copy of GoodCheapEats for review and have been working my way through the recipes, to my family's delight.
Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher for review. The publisher is providing the prize for this giveaway.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What do I need to make this great recipe?
Here is what you will need to make this tasty salad recipe. Most of the ingredients are fresh, tasty, and perfect for a hearty and healthy recipe for the whole family.
- cheese tortellini (fresh, dried or frozen)
- red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon
- minced garlic
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- canned chickpeas
- fresh spinach
- grape tomatoes
How to put together this easy tortellini salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Drain and let cool slightly.
- In a small jar or bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake well or whisk until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and shake or whisk again to emulsify.
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, and carrots.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Is this chickpea pasta salad recipe family friendly?
GoodCheapEats is filled with strategies and tips alongside the great recipes, all focusing on how to shop smart and eat well on a budget.
My family just loved this Tortellini Chickpea Pasta Salad, found on page 268 (or print it below). It's the kind of pasta salad that's tasty either warm or chilled.
This cold salad will store in the fridge for up to four days, but we never have leftovers!
I love having new cold salad recipes because we pack them for healthy swim meet dinners instead of hitting the concession stand.
Tortellini Chickpea Pasta Salad Recipe:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 678mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g
Looking for more cookbook suggestions?
If you like cookbooks you won't want to miss out on these other great choices.