These Orange Cranberry Muffins are fragrant and moist, perfect with a cup of tea or coffee!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I love baking up a batch of muffins to warm up the house during these cold, gray winter days. These Orange Cranberry Muffins are the perfect way to brighten up your taste buds and your mood!
Making our own snacks is healthier and saves so much money over buying. You have control over the ingredients, and you get to enjoy creating something from scratch.
What do you need to make Orange Cranberry Muffins?
I use a mix of white and wheat flour to add some whole grains and fiber, but use whatever flour you prefer. Sometimes I throw a tablespoon or two of ground flaxseed in as well.
By using dried cranberries, it's easy to keep the ingredients on hand for this recipe.
I could have added nuts to these and they would be even better. But not in this house (allergies). They already have an amazing aroma and texture, but adding some pecans would put them in another realm!
We bake (and eat) a lot of snacks around here. It's a frugal way for me to feed these tweens and teen, and I always like including some fruit and fiber in their snacks.
My 13yo son says these are his absolute favorite, and he loves a lot of different muffin flavors!
Can I freeze these muffins for later use?
Absolutely! That's one way that I can keep homemade, frugal treats on hand during busy months. When I am in a baking mood, I make an extra batch and let them cool. Then, I put the muffins into freezer zipper bags and store in the freezer for later.
To thaw them out, I just put a few (or the whole bag!) into the fridge. If you'd prefer a warm muffin, just pop one into the microwave for 1-2 minutes at half power.
Is this orange cranberry muffin recipe budget friendly?
It is! Similar muffins that you buy from a grocery store bakery would be at least $1.00/each. This homemade version uses pantry ingredients plus the dried cranberries and zest from one orange. I buy my baking ingredients at Aldi, so they don't cost much at all!
Print the Orange Cranberry Muffins recipe
- 2 cups flour (I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin pan with liners and nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, stir together milk, oil, egg, vanilla and orange zest. Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir just to combine. Do not overmix.
Stir in cranberries and nuts, if using.
Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean.
Cool pan on wire rack before removing muffins to fully cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Perfect Results Cooling Rack, 3 Tier, Non-Stick
- Farberware Color Measuring Cups, Mixed Colors, Set of 4
- Cookie Scoops for Baking Include Large-Medium-Small Size, Stainless Steel
- Bakuwe Multicolor Foil Cupcake Liners Standard Muffin Baking Cups, Pack of 300
- Wilton Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup
- Gorilla Grip Premium Silicone Non Slip Oven Mitt Set of 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 245 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 17mg Sodium 263mg Carbohydrates 36g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g
More delicious muffin recipes
Take a look below at all the fabulous recipes linked up to this week's Tasty Tuesdays party!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.