It's spring! Time to have a lovely brunch with girlfriends, don't you think? Yeah, that never seems to happen. So I just make “breakfast for dinner” and enjoy my brunch that way. This Crustless Bacon Asparagus Quiche looks lovely plated with some Rosemary Potatoes, which you can roast alongside it in the oven. And as my son exclaimed at dinner, “Bacon makes everything better!” Note–if you're able to eat gluten, you can pour this into a whole wheat pie crust.
- 4 strips bacon
- 16 stalks asparagus, trimmed, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, sliced or torn into smaller pieces
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
This recipe is linked up to Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom, Gluten-Free Wednesdays at Gluten-Free Homemaker, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free, Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Friday Food at MomTrends.