Make Valentine's Day even more fun! Learn how to make heart rice krispie treats with just a few ingredients.
These cute rice krispie hearts start with the basic rice krispy treats recipe, but are then dipped in melted pink chocolate and sprinkled with adorable Valentine sprinkles.
They're perfect for any party or Valentines celebration. And they're just one of our many ways to celebrate Valentine's Day on a budget.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
These homemade Heart Rice Krispie Treats are a nice addition to any Valentine's Day party or home celebration. Plus, they're fun to make, so get the kids involved (especially with dipping and adding sprinkles).
If pink is not your thing, take a look at our big list of Valentine Rice Krispie Treats for more options.
What you need for rice krispie hearts
Heart shaped rice krispie treats are so simple to make, and they only use 6 ingredients. See our printable recipe card below for exact quantities.
- mini marshmallows
- red food coloring
- Rice Krispies cereal (I use store brand)
- pink candy melts
- Valentine sprinkles
How to make heart shaped rice krispie treats
Melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir frequently until melted.
Add red food coloring and stir until color is blended.
Remove from heat, and fold in rice krispies.
Press rice krispy mixture into 9×13 baking pan on top of parchment paper (for easy cleanup). You can also grease the baking pan instead.
Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
Remove from refrigerator, and use the parchment paper to lift the block of rice krispies treats out onto a cutting surface.
Use the heart cookie cutter to cut out as many rice krispie hearts as you can.
Add candy melts to a small bowl, and heat on high for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
Dip one side of each heart into the melted candy, and lay out on a parchment sheet. Add sprinkles.
Let set for at least 30 minutes, preferably in the refrigerator.
How many heart rice krispie treats does this recipe make?
The number of treats you can make depends on the size of the cookie cutter. The smaller the heart, the more treats you can cut out.
In this recipe, we used a 3″ heart cookie cutter. That gave us 12 full hearts (and a bunch of leftover rice krispie goo that my kids enjoyed).
More Valentine sweets
If you enjoy rice krispies treats, be sure to try our Valentine Mice Krispies. They're so cute!
We also have lots of simple recipes for more Valentine's Day sweets:
- Valentine Sweets with 5 Ingredients or Less
- Valentine Cake Mix Cookies
- M&M Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Valentine Heart Cookies Recipe
- 50 Valentine Cookies for Kids Recipes
There's even more fun Valentine's Day recipes on my Valentines & Love Pinterest board.
Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats
A classic rice krispies treats recipe, cut out into hearts, then dipped in vanilla-flavored candy coating and topped with sprinkles.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 10oz package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- Valentine sprinkles
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (for easier cleanup), or grease the baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, and heat until fully melted, stirring often.
- Add the food coloring and stir until the color is solid.
- Remove from heat. Add the rice krispies, and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Remove the parchment paper with treats from the pan, and set on a counter or cutting board. Use the cookie cutter to cut as many rice krispie hearts as you can.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (for dipped hearts to rest).
- Add candy melts to a small bowl, and heat on high for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Dip one side of each heart into the melted candy, and set on parchment. Add Valentine sprinkles.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until the candy sets.