This quinoa salad is so tasty and easy. It is a family favorite during the summer. The kids are busy and I need something that travels well, does not require reheating, and is packed with healthy protein and veggies. This delicious quinoa salad checks all the boxes!
The Tastiest Quinoa Salad Recipe!
If you have a garden you will definitely want to have this recipe on hand for the summer. It's such a bright and colorful salad, when you add in all the fresh vegetables and herbs from your garden the flavors come together so well.
This is a versatile salad that you can serve warm as a side dish or let it chill in the fridge overnight to allow all the flavors to really soak into the quinoa. The dressing on this salad is simple but so flavorful.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What do I need to make this delicious quinoa salad?
These are the ingredients you'll need to prepare the salad. See below for the ingredients you'll need to make the dressing!
- Black Beans
- Green Onions
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
What ingredients are in the salad dressing?
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
How to make a quick and easy quinoa salad:
- Cook quinoa per package instructions, then let cool. While quinoa cooks, prepare your other ingredients as needed.
- In a large bowl you'll want to combine the vegetables and cooled quinoa, mix everything up well.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Add the salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Finally, pour the dressing over top of the salad mixture and stir to distribute it evenly.
- You can serve this up warm at room temperature or put it in the fridge and let it chill before serving as a cold side dish.
Can I make this as a side dish for my next party or gathering?
Absolutely! This tasty quinoa salad makes an excellent side dish for dinner. It pairs well with anything grilled. Or you can make it ahead of time to take to a picnic or BBQ. It's so colorful and fresh everyone will love it. I like to take quinoa salad to parties because it is rare that someone else is already bringing one.
If you need a unique party dish or you just want something that uses all the garden fresh veggies you have on hand, this quinoa salad is a great choice.
How much quinoa salad does this recipe make?
This recipe will make about six servings. If you are making it to take to a picnic or family gathering you might want to double the recipe! It's always a hit and everyone will want seconds. You can prepare this salad ahead of time and just give it a good mixing before you serve it.
What if I'm not a fan of quinoa?
Not everyone is. For a similar meal that uses brown rice instead, make Vegan Instant Pot Tex-Mex Rice. There are also stove-top directions, if you don't have a pressure cooker.
Can kids help make this recipe? Can they make it on their own?
There is chopping involved so you have to be aware of how handy your kids are with kitchen tools. Older kids, tween and teens, can definitely handle making this salad on their own. During the summer months when we have lots of fresh veggies on hand this is a recipe that anyone in the house can throw together in a hurry.
You can always prep the quinoa ahead of time and have your kids help you with the veggies, mixing, and preparation!
Printable Quinoa Salad Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa - prepared according to package directions
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa per package instructions, then let cool. While quinoa cooks, prepare other ingredients.
- In large bowl, combine vegetables and cooled quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing into salad and stir to distribute.
- Serve warm or let chill before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
Do you have other tasty salad recipes the whole family will love?
I do! We eat a lot of salad type recipes year round. They're easy to prepare in advance and cold salads travel so well. They're perfect for those busy nights when the kids have activities and we have to eat on the go.