These easy baked ground turkey meatballs are a healthy, simple, and delicious meal that the whole family will love. Baked meatballs are great with your favorite Italian recipes. It's one of our favorite ground turkey recipes.
If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will devour without complaint…this is the one! When I need an easy recipe for dinner I pull this one out, I know that my family will love it and I like that it's super easy to make.
Can I make these baked ground turkey meatballs ahead of time and freeze them?
You can definitely make these baked ground turkey meatballs in advance. They can be baked, frozen, and then put into storage containers so you can pull them out and defrost whenever you need a quick meal.
I always recommend freezing them for a few hours flat on baking sheets and then putting them into bags or storage containers. It will hep keep the baked turkey meatballs from freezing together into one giant lump.
When you need to pull them out of the freezer, it is easier to get the amount you want or need!
What do I need to make baked ground turkey meatballs?
Here is the list of ingredients we'll be using to make these easy baked meatballs. If you really want to use a different kind of ground meat, feel free to try it.
I like using ground turkey because it's typically learner and more budget-friendly than beef.
- ground turkey
- panko bread crumbs
- egg dried parsley
- olive oil
- Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
This recipe is pretty close to an Italian-style meatball. I use them in spaghetti and other pasta dishes, but they can also be used for an appetizer with your favorite sauces for coating or dipping.
How to make baked meatballs:
This is a very simple recipe. If you have tweens or teens in the house this is something they can help or even handle on their own if they have a little bit of kitchen confidence!
- Preheat the oven to 375˚.
- Mix together everything but the oil.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Make 28 meatballs about 1 ¼ inch across, you can make them bigger or smaller just increase or decrease baking time.
- Lightly brush the top of each meatball with oil.
- Bake at 375˚ 25-30 minutes in the upper half of the oven so the tops brown as well as the bottom.
- The meatballs should be cooked through but not overcooked and dried up.
- Use a thermometer to test them if you like, they should reach an internal temperature of 160˚ before being removed from the oven.
- Remember they will continue to cook and reach an internal temperature of 165˚ which is considered safe for poultry.
Looking for other great recipes for dinner?
Need more inspiration for dinner recipes that the whole family will gobble up? Here are some of my favorites that are always a hit around our dinner table!
- Crockpot Italian Beef Recipe
- One Pot Turkey Parmesan Pasta
- Cilantro Lime Beef Fajitas on the Grill
- Mexican Pasta Salad
- Creamy Bacon Parmesan Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- 1 ½ pounds of ground turkey
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚
- Mix together everything but the oil
- Line baking sheet with parchment or foil
- Make 28 meatballs about 1 ¼ inch across, you can make them bigger or smaller just increase or decrease baking time
- Lightly brush the top of each meatball with oil
- Bake at 375˚ 25-30 minutes in the upper half of the oven so the tops brown as well as the bottom
- The meatballs should be cooked through but not overcooked and dried up
- Use a thermometer to test them if you like, they should reach an internal temperature of 160˚ before being removed from the oven
- Remember they will continue to cook and reach an internal temperature of 165˚ which is considered safe for poultry
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g