Looking for a new way to jazz up your side veggies? This Balsamic Roasted Asparagus recipe is easy and only takes a couple minutes to prep. You'll love the flavor!
This asparagus side dish makes the perfect complement to any Sunday dinner or holiday meal, since it's pretty enough for company (but easy enough to make on a regular weeknight).
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Why roast asparagus?
It is so easy to overcook asparagus, making it limp and bitter-tasting. Instead, roast it quickly with olive oil at a high temperature. You'll get a better texture!
We roast vegetables often. They're a favorite way to prepare because it's quick and easy, and everyone loves the flavor. Give these roasted vegetable recipes a try:
If you've never liked asparagus…
I encourage you to try this recipe for roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar. Just like with Brussels sprouts, the way you cook asparagus can cause it to turn bitter. And don't mention the limp, gross texture when it is overcooked!
Roasting is the way to go! And for good measure, serve your asparagus with feta cheese. The tang of the cheese and the balsamic vinegar are a great contrast to the earthy flavor of asparagus.
Printable Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Recipe
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece Set
- Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First Cold Pressed, 16 FL. OZ., Single Bottle
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Vinegar, Balsamic of Modena, 16.9 Fl Oz
- Reynolds Kitchens Pop-Up Parchment Paper Sheets
- Good Cook 13 Inch x 9 Inch Cookie Sheet
- Gorilla Grip Premium Silicone Non Slip Oven Mitt Set of 2