Lasagna is a beloved Italian classic, but let’s be honest, it can be a bit labor-intensive to prepare from scratch. That’s where this slow cooker lasagna soup recipe comes in, offering all the flavors you love in a comforting bowl of soup.
It’s the perfect solution for busy weeknights when you crave a hearty, homemade meal but don’t have the time for an elaborate lasagna. So, get ready to cozy up and savor the simplicity of this crowd-pleasing recipe for slow cooker lasagna soup.
Making crock pot soup recipes is a great way to get healthy meals on the table. And our crock pot lasagna recipe in soup form is bound to become a new family favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
My family just loves lasagna, but it’s not one of my favorite meals to make. For me, it’s one of those recipes that takes a lot of time and effort, then it gets gobbled up in minutes.
Making lasagna soup in the slow cooker is so much faster than making traditional lasagna. And I make it even faster by using pre-cooked ground beef that I keep on hand.
Another method for easy lasagna is our Baked Ravioli Lasagna. It’s only four ingredients, and bakes up in 30-40 minutes.
If you are looking for a crock pot soup with more vegetables, our Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup is another easy family meal.
Ingredients in our lasagna soup slow cooker recipe
This easy lasagna soup recipe has what looks like a lot of ingredients, but most are just “dumped” into the crock.
- olive oil
- lean ground beef
- Italian sausage (optional)
- beef broth
- vegetable juice (like V8)
- canned crushed tomatoes
- canned diced tomatoes
- lasagna noodles
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
See the printable recipe below for exact quantities and instructions.
You may also want to have fresh shredded Parmesan, shredded mozzarella, or ricotta on hand. They make lovely toppers for serving this soup!
How to make lasagna soup in the slow cooker
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil, and cook ground beef and Italian sausage until half way done, about 3-4 minutes
Add in garlic and onion and continue to cook until the meat is cooked through, drain grease
Put mixture into crock pot and add in tomatoes, beef broth, vegetable juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
Add in pasta and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until pasta is tender, season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
To serve, top with cheese, parsley or basil and enjoy!
How to store leftover soup
Soup made with ground beef should only be stored in the fridge for 4 days at the most. If the leftovers won’t be eaten right away, freeze them. I double up on zipper freezer bags just to be sure they don’t leak.
Let the soup fully cool, then pour into a bag using a no-hands storage holder (they’re so helpful!). Then you can store it in the freezer up to 3 months.
To reheat a bag of frozen lasagna soup, thaw it in the refrigerator first. Be sure to place it in a bowl in case it leaks (how would I know that?!). Then reeat using a microwave or on the stovetop.
More crock pot soup recipes
Using the slow cooker to make soups and stews makes getting dinner on the table super easy! Some of our favorite family recipes are Mexican Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Ham Vegetable Chowder, and Sausage and Bean Slow Cooker Soup.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage (or replace with another 1/2 lb ground beef)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced onion
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup vegetable juice (such as V8)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 6-8 dry lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- ricotta cheese
- fresh parsley or fresh basil
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil, and cook ground beef and Italian sausage until half way done, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion and continue to cook until the meat is cooked through. Drain grease from pan.
- Put meat mixture into crock, then add beef broth, vegetable juice, both cans of tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-7 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
- Add in pasta and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, top with cheese, parsley or basil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 830Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1065mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 67g