Bake up these deliciously easy Homemade Apple Muffins to enjoy the fall flavors of cinnamon and apple. So tasty!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
These Homemade Apple Muffins would also taste great with chopped walnuts or pecans, but we have to avoid nuts due to allergies in my family. I think the texture would be fantastic!
Speaking of allergies, these muffins are dairy-free, so they're safe to share with those you know avoiding dairy.
I love enjoying one with a cup of tea on a chilly fall morning.
We've made these muffins many times. Sometimes I have tart apples on hand, sometimes I don't. That's why I said the chopped apple in the ingredient list is optional.
Don't stress about it! The flavor is great even without it, but you do get a neat texture with the pieces of apple inside.
Homemade Apple Muffins
Print the recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients until blended.
Add applesauce, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Fold in chopped apples, if using.
Pour into muffin pan, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bakuwe Multicolor Foil Cupcake Liners Standard Muffin Baking Cups, Pack of 300
- Gorilla Grip Original Mixing Bowls Set of 2, Slip Resistant Bottom, Includes 5 Qt and 3 Quart Nested Bowl, Gray
- Rubbermaid Spoon-Shaped Spatula, 9 1/2 in, White
- Wilton Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup
- Gorilla Grip Premium Silicone Non Slip Oven Mitt Set of 2
- Wilton Perfect Results Cooling Rack, 3 Tier, Non-Stick
More fall flavors
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread