Help your tweens and teens fuel up for a busy day of school, sports and other activities with these hearty breakfast sandwiches.
With the New Year comes promises of eating healthier and saving money–for most families. This is one way we do it with three big eaters int he house!
My two early-morning swimmers love coming home after practice and refueling with these delicious English muffin, egg and sausage sandwiches.
By buying the ingredients in bulk, we make these sandwiches for just .67 each!
Even if you purchase the items at the grocery store at a higher price than a warehouse store, you’ll still spend a third or a quarter of what you’d pay eating out.
Plus, since you’re eating at home, you have control over the ingredients like sodium, etc. and will save calories as well as money compared to a restaurant.
The key to making these easy and fast is the microwave egg cooker I picked up at Amazon.
The sausage patties also cook quickly in the microwave. In about 4 minutes, my tweens and teen can make their own breakfast. I love that part!
And yes, these taste even better with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, but we try not to do that too often since there’s already fat in the sausage and the egg.
Along with a glass of milk and some fruit, this is a very filling breakfast for active tweens and teens.
- 1 egg
- 1 frozen sausage patty
- 1 English muffin
- salt & pepper
As always, there are GREAT recipes to be found in this week’s Tasty Tuesdays linky party. Take a look!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.