Making these Italian pinwheels couldn't be easier! These tasty meat-filled pinwheels have all the flavors of Italian sub sandwiches. They're easy to make and perfect for parties or your next game-watching event. If you like pinwheel appetizers, you'll love this version.
You can make this Italian pinwheels recipe for snacks, appetizers, lunches, and even a quick dinner that doesn't require any cooking! It's a great recipe for busy weeks and these pinwheels are satisfying and tasty.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you like making pinwheels you have to try out Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels, Salami Cream Cheese Pickle Pinwheels, Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels, Veggie Pinwheels – Easy Vegetarian Appetizer, Baked Ham and Cheese Pinwheels, and even Taco Pinwheels! There's a pinwheel recipe for everyone.
One of my favorite things about making meat pinwheels or any pinwheel recipes, is that they're versatile. They can be used for appetizers, finger foods, lunches, snacks, and everything in between. I know if I keep these ingredients on hand my kids can make themselves a good option for lunches for school, practices, and dinners.
These Italian sub pinwheels are so good. They include all your favorite Italian sub flavors but in a wrap that is rolled up and sliced into perfectly bite sized pieces. This recipe will make about 24 slices so you can scale the recipe up or down based on what you need.
If I'm making these for a crowd I usually make at least one full batch and then I'll double it if I know I'm not making another version of pinwheels…we have so many favorites that usually I'll make a few different kinds.
My Italian pinwheels recipe is simple and quick, there's no hard work needed and you can dive right in with these once they're finished. There's usually someone roaming around the kitchen while I'm making them so they get grabbed before I'm even finished slicing them all up or putting them on trays!
What do I need to make these Italian meat pinwheels?
A lot of these ingredients are going to be familiar to you if you like to make Italian subs or hoagies! We will be using flour tortillas, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, pepperoncini, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, hard salami, ham, provolone cheese, and pepperoni!
That's all it takes and of course you can alter these ingredients to fit your needs. If you really don't like the peppers or want a different kind of cheese it's not going to drastically alter the final outcome so feel free to mix it up if needed.
How to make Italian sub pinwheels:
This recipe is really easy. Here is a step by step guide that you can follow and as always you can find the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. It's got helpful shopping links, nutritional estimates, the full list of ingredients and more.
Let's dive in and see just how easy it is to make these delicious Italian pinwheels.
Add the cream cheese and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and stir well, until combined.
Chop the pepperoncini and tomato into fine chunks. Add to the bowl and mix it all together.
Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each tortilla and spread across the entire surface.
Sprinkle ¼ of the lettuce over the surface of each tortilla.
Lay out 3 slices of cheese in the center of each tortilla
Then 3 slices of hard salami on top of that
And finally 3 slices of ham on top of that.
Lay out 4-8 slices of pepperoni on each side, next to the meat and cheese layer.
Starting from one end where the pepperoni is, tightly roll the tortilla into itself, until you meet the other end.
Set rolled tortillas on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least one hour. If longer than one hour, you may want to wrap in plastic wrap.
Remove from the refrigerator right before serving.
Cut off about 2 inches on each end, then slice into 1 inch pieces.
Looking for more pinwheels recipes?
You can find the full collection of pinwheels here but I'll also link some of our favorites below so you can hop right over to more delicious pinwheels recipes if you need more ideas or inspiration for your meal plans!
Pinwheels are great for so many different situations that I love making them for all kinds of parties, gatherings, and more. We make them for lunches and even easy dinners when no one feels like cooking an elaborate meal. They're tasty and simple!
- Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Salami Cream Cheese Pickle Pinwheels
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Veggie Pinwheels – Easy Vegetarian Appetizer
- Baked Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Taco Pinwheels
- Festive Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Whole Wheat Pizza Pinwheels
Printable Italian Pinwheels Recipe:
- 4 - 10 inch flour tortillas
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pepperoncini
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 12 slices hard salami
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 32-64 slices pepperoni
- Add the cream cheese and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and stir well, until combined.
- Chop the pepperoncini and tomato into fine chunks.
- Add to the bowl and mix it all together.
- Chop lettuce.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each tortilla and spread across the entire surface.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the lettuce over the surface of each tortilla.
- Lay out 3 slices of cheese in the center of each tortilla, then 3 slices of hard salami on top of that, and finally 3 slices of ham on top of that.
- Lay out 4-8 slices of pepperoni on each side, next to the meat and cheese layer.
- Starting from one end where the pepperoni is, tightly roll the tortilla into itself, until you meet the other end.
- Set rolled tortillas on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least one hour. If longer than one hour, you may want to wrap in plastic wrap.
- Remove from the refrigerator right before serving.
- Cut off about 2 inches on each end, then slice into 1 inch pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rubbermaid Spoon-Shaped Spatula, 9 1/2 in, White
Gorilla Grip Original Mixing Bowls Set of 2, Slip Resistant Bottom
Victorinox Fibrox Pro 8-inch Chef's Knife
Gorilla Grip Reversible, Thick Cutting Board Set of 3, Easy Grip Handle
OXO Good Grips 2.5 Qt Glass Bowl
Good Cook 13 Inch x 9 Inch Cookie Sheet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 756mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g