Not sure what to eat with fish tacos? Let’s explore some of the best side dishes and drinks to pair with fish tacos.
Fish tacos are a popular dish that has been enjoyed for generations. They are a staple in many coastal regions and are known for their fresh, tangy flavor.
They’re also a quick and easy family meal, like our recipe for fish tacos with tilapia. Making tacos with fish is also a good way to vary dinner for different eaters. For example, with low carb fish taco bowls, my husband and I can eat lighter while the kids enjoy some carb-heavy side dishes.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What do you eat with fish tacos?
Depending on the kind of fish you use and how you cook it, try to balance the flavors and heaviness of the dish.
For example, if you use crunchy, fried fish in your tacos, make sure your side dishes are lighter. Consider serving fruit like mango salsa to add to your tacos or serve on the side.
With lightly flavored fish like tilapia, you can serve spicier side dishes or those that are heavier like southwest quinoa salad.
Side dishes to serve with fish tacos
- Elote Salad: A vibrant corn salad made with sour cream, lime juice and cotija cheese.
- Black Bean Salad: A fresh, tangy salad made with black beans, corn, tomatoes, and lime juice.
- Mexican Rice: A flavorful rice dish with spices and herbs like cumin, coriander, and cilantro.
- Guacamole and Chips: A classic Mexican dip made with avocados, lime, and cilantro.
- Coleslaw: A crunchy, refreshing side dish made with cabbage, carrots, and a tangy dressing.
- Grilled Corn: Sweet and smoky grilled corn pairs perfectly with fish tacos.
Drinks to pair with fish tacos
- Margaritas: A classic Mexican cocktail made with tequila, lime juice, and triple sec.
- Mexican Beer: Light and refreshing beers like Corona or Pacifico are the perfect complement to fish tacos.
- Agua Fresca: A fruity, refreshing drink made with water, sugar, and fresh fruit like watermelon or pineapple.
- Iced Tea: A cool, refreshing iced tea is a great non-alcoholic option that pairs well with fish tacos.
Fish tacos are a delicious and easy meal that can be made at home. With the right side dishes and drinks, you can take your fish tacos to the next level.
Try out some of the options listed above to create a perfect meal that your family and friends will love.