These delicious baked Brussels sprouts with bacon and cheese are the perfect side dish for a holiday meal. This recipe for Brussels sprouts is savory and indulgent and can be made in one cast iron skillet.
Baked Brussels sprouts is a great side dish that will help you get your family eating more nutritious vegetables. They're simple to make but loaded with flavor.
One of the best things about eating Brussels sprouts is that there are so many ways to serve them. You can shave them and fry them in a pan, you can bake them in a skillet like we will be doing with this recipe, you can even cook them in the Instant Pot or the air fryer!
Of course if you've been here before you might have found my recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts with shallots and bacon it's a family favorite and we make them for holidays, weeknight dinners, and more.
I've also shared my recipe for simple roasted Brussels sprouts in the past. If you are looking for a more plain and straightforward Brussels sprouts recipe that is the one to try!
Are Brussels Sprouts Healthy?
Brussels sprouts are very healthy. They are loaded with fiber and they even have some protein as well.
Brussels sprouts, like most dark green veggies, are great for helping to control blood sugar spikes, and they can reduce your risk of cancer and inflammation.
The health benefits of Brussels sprouts are just one of the reasons you'll want to try this recipe. Of course you'll get a great dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but you'll also get a mouth full of flavor! The cheese and bacon added to these Brussels sprouts is an excellent way to entice picky eaters to enjoy them.
What do I need to make these baked Brussels sprouts?
This recipe uses really simple ingredients. Everything you see here is easy to find at your local supermarket. We pick up fresh Brussels sprouts whenever we can at the farmers market, try that if you can too!
- Bacon, chopped
- Onion, diced
- Brussels sprouts, outer leaves discarded and cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole milk
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
Find the amounts and the nutrition info in the recipe card at the bottom of the post but this list should help you get an idea of what you can find in your refrigerator or pantry and what you need to add to your list for the grocery store!
How to make baked Brussels sprouts in a cast iron pan:
Start by preheating the oven to 350F.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon to your desired preference.
Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Add the diced onions and Brussels sprouts to the hot bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until onions are translucent and Brussels sprouts are brown. Stir occasionally.
Heat the milk in a microwave for 25 seconds, then whisk in the cornstarch.
Stir the warmed milk mixture into the Brussels sprouts. Heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the heat and sprinkle both cheeses and the bacon onto the Brussels sprouts.
Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheeses are melted.
One thing to remember is that you need to use an oven safe skillet. If you aren't using cast iron like I did, be sure to check that you can put your skillet into the oven!
Looking for more delicious side dish recipes?
I've got you covered if you are searching for even more delicious side dish recipes. Check the links above for more awesome ways to serve up Brussels sprouts but here are some other veggie sides you'll want to check out.
- Delicious Corn Salad With Bacon
- Easy Garlic Green Bean Recipe With Tomatoes
- Tuna, Green Bean & Potato Salad
- Roasted Spiced Chickpeas
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Parsley
- Balsamic Roasted Asparagus
- Cauliflower Au Gratin Easy Side Dish
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Smashed Potatoes
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups (or 1 pound) Brussels sprouts, outer leaves discarded and cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1-2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon to your desired preference.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Add the diced onions and Brussels sprouts to the hot bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until onions are translucent and Brussels sprouts are brown. Stir occasionally.
- Heat the milk in a microwave for 25 seconds, then whisk in the cornstarch.
- Stir the warmed milk mixture into the Brussels sprouts. Heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle both cheeses and the bacon onto the Brussels sprouts.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheeses are melted.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Rubbermaid Spoon-Shaped Spatula, 9 1/2 in, White
- T-fal Nonstick 5 Qt. Jumbo Cooker Saute Pan with Glass Lid
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Square Cake Pan
- Utopia Kitchen 2-Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid
- T-fal Specialty Nonstick 5 Qt. Jumbo Cooker Saute Pan with Glass Lid
- Utopia Kitchen Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12.5 inch)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g