These Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas are an easy Crockpot enchiladas recipe. Everyone will love these tasty enchiladas made in the Crockpot. It's smart to keep slow cooker chicken recipes on hand for the family.
When it comes to making delicious dinners in the slow cooker you can't do better than enchiladas. Everyone loves this tasty, classic Mexican dish. They are so simple to make in the Crockpot that you won't want to make them any other way.
We love making enchiladas in the slow cooker for weeknight dinners. These slow cooker enchiladas are great for meal prep too, they reheat well throughout the week and can be served on their own or with rice or greens!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you've been looking for a great and simple enchiladas recipe that you can prepare without much muss or fuss this is the one! My simple recipe is great for everyone and anyone can master this classic recipe.
There's something about making Crockpot recipes that really makes me so happy…if you like being able to prep recipes and then walk away to do other things while dinner makes itself, you have to try some more slow cooker recipes.
If you need great recipes that the whole family will devour these enchiladas in Crockpot are excellent. There's nothing to complain about here, full of indulgent ingredients that everyone loves. This kid friendly dinner option is perfect for even the picky eaters in your family.
What do I need to make slow cooker chicken enchiladas?
If you want to make chicken enchiladas at home you will need some simple ingredients. Here's a quick list and then you can find the full amounts in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. There's also lots of helpful tips, shoppable links, nutritional estimates, and more!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Garlic powder
- Corn tortillas (flour tortillas do not work)
- Grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Sliced black olives, divided
- Sour cream (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
Cleanup is a breeze with slow cooker recipes like these chicken enchiladas! You can use a crockpot liner to make dinner clean up even easier. Just pack up the leftovers in storage containers and then toss the liner. Just like that everything is clean and ready to be put away.
Crockpot chicken enchiladas recipe:
Here is a step by step guide for making these delicious chicken enchiladas in the slow cooker. It's a simple process, the slow cooker does all the hard work for you!
Check it out below and add this delicious recipe to your meal plan for the coming weeks!
The best part about this recipe is that you don't have to spend a lot of time rolling up the enchiladas. That's a big time consuming part of making enchiladas. This recipe takes away the need for that step and everything comes out like a casserole instead. Easier to eat, easier to make, it's a win-win!
Spray your slow cooker insert with nonstick spray or use a slow cooker liner.
Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with enchilada sauce.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken in the slow cooker insert.
Cut the corn tortillas into strips and add them to chicken and sauce mixture.
Stir until well coated.
Add 1/2 cup of cheese and half the olives into the chicken and sauce mixture and stir until well coated.
Using the back of a spoon flatten the mixture.
Top with remaining cheese and the rest of the olives.
Cook on low for an additional 45 minutes.
Top with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro before serving (optional)
Looking for more great recipes to try?
Here are some other awesome chicken recipes as well as slow cooker recipes that everyone will love. Try out some of our other family favorites in the links below and let us know which ones you love.
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili with White Beans
- Slow Cooker Ham Vegetable Chowder
- Slow Cooker Meatball Appetizer
- Recipe For Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Garden Quinoa Salad with Chicken
- Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
There's nothing like slow cooker recipes to make life easier at dinner time. These recipes will surely have everyone smiling and you'll be thrilled that you don't have to spend a ton of time in the kitchen after a long and busy day!
Printable Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked (Weigh your chicken. If you use more than 1.5 lbs casserole will be dry)
- 28 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 10 corn tortillas (flour tortillas do not work)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 oz. can sliced black olives, divided
- Sour cream (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray your slow cooker insert with nonstick spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with enchilada sauce.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker insert.
- Cut the corn tortillas into strips and add them to chicken and sauce mixture.
- Stir until well coated.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese and half the olives into the chicken and sauce mixture and stir until well coated.
- Using the back of a spoon flatten the mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese and the rest of the olives.
- Cook on low for an additional 45 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro before serving (optional)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Set of 6
OXO Good Grips Nylon Spoon
Gorilla Grip Original Mixing Bowls Set of 2, Slip Resistant Bottom
OXO Good Grips 2.5 Qt Glass Bowl
Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Oval Portable Manual Slow Cooker
Hamilton Beach Extra-Large Stay or Go Portable 10-Quart Slow Cooker
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1226mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g