These Valentine Raspberry Meltaways are tiny cookies that just melt in your mouth!
For this past holiday cookie baking, I was looking for something new. At my multiples club's holiday party, there were these amazing mint cookies that just melted in your mouth! Turns out the recipe was these Peppermint Meltaways from Taste of Home. I made them twice myself, and I brought them to our neighborhood cookie exchange, where I won second place!
For Valentine's Day, I pictured them pink instead of green, but I didn't think mint was a very Valentines-y flavor. Turns out there are a LOT of extracts available at the grocery store–who knew? I chose raspberry extract and am glad I did. These Valentine Raspberry Meltaways have the same great texture and creaminess of the original cookie, but with a lovely new flavor.
The cookie is similar to a shortbread–so I've found that the smaller the cookies are, the easier they are to move without completely falling apart. Their fragility is what makes them “meltaway,” and they're sturdier once the frosting has been added and becomes solid. The original recipe suggested rolling the dough into 1-inch balls, but I found them much easier to work with by making them half the size.
Take a peek at this week's Tasty Tuesdays recipes linked up below. You'll find more Valentine's Day treats and more!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.